The first years of the company history in the so- called « Golden 20s » are anything but golden for the founder Franz Rhode, the grandfather of the current owner Günter Rohde. In 1925 the grinding, polishing and nickel-pl......The first years of the company history in the so- called « Golden 20s » are anything but golden for the founder Franz Rhode, the grandfather of the current owner Günter Rohde. In 1925 the grinding, polishing and nickel-plating of metal objects began in a backyard in Göttingen. The purchasers were mainly private customers that wanted alterations and repairs made. Three years later, due to lack of space, the company was transferred and began also to carry out surface refinement for companies in the area. 1925 - Zinc tub of wood After the end of the 2nd World War, in a suburb of Göttingen, also tea tables and instrument trolleys with anodized aluminium plating, as well as blackboards from the same material were produced. At that time, a licence for anodization was still required In 1934 they introduced electrosilverplating services and after, with the development of their own manufacturing, processing work under contract at the same time began. Hand made household goods from silver or chrome plated brass such as biscuit tins, fruit bowls and ashtrays as well as chain bracelets and brooches were sold. Due to the considerable turnover disturbances after the currency reform of 1949 the manufacture had to be given up and only the surface refinement was continued in the ready made new company at Maschmühlenweg. After this, up to the present day, the company was affected by nearly uninterrupted manufacturing activities. With a branch in Rosdorf, the transfer of the anodizing section to Nörten-Hardenberg followed in 1973. In the following years up to today the company has been extended in 9 construction stages to its current size of approx. 10.000 m2 of production area. In 1978, surfacing technology came to the service sector and gave a boost to the production sector at the same time. Industrial handles of various dimensions and sizes were distributed directly and through several wholesalers in Germany, as well as 28 partner companies scattered worldwide. The construction of a new production area in 1997 allowed the continued growth of this manufacturing sector.